Check out this awesome offer from JumpStart Academy!
While families, students, and educational leaders are being affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19), JumpStart Academy is offering three of its programs (JumpStart Academy Preschool, JumpStart Academy Kindergarten and JumpStart Academy Math) at a 50% discount until April 30th, 2020!
While at home, it’s important to maintain educational momentum in kids’ respective academic year and ensure their skills are being practiced.
The JumpStart Academy resource library includes worksheets to practice skills, activities to do together at home or on-the-go and informative articles for parents looking for advice during this time.
JumpStart Academy is known for its award-winning home and school programs that educators can seamlessly integrate into curriculums and track student progress. Its resource library includes worksheets to practice skills, activities to do together at home or on-the-go and informative articles for parents looking for advice.
● JumpStart Academy Preschool and Kindergarten: provides educational games and
activities for children ages 3 to 8. This ever-growing series covers a wide range of topics
including reading, math, and coding. Consumers can access a FREE 7-day trial and
then purchase a 50% discounted annual subscription to continue the learning for only
$39.99. For more information, please visit, https://www.jumpstart.com/academy/home
● JumpStart Academy Math: is an award-winning online individualized math program
that provides parents with engaging Kindergarten through 6th-grade activities for their
children. Children master core math concepts through parent assigned lessons or by
independently progressing through a series of practice levels across four math domains. Consumers can access a FREE 15-day trial and then purchase a 50% discounted
annual subscription to continue the learning for $25.00. For more information, please
Check this out by Razor:
One of the main issues we see, is parents trying to keep their kids busy during all of these school closings.
Razor has some great suggestions for keeping kids busy and entertained, as well as getting kids up and active and outside…and with Spring just around the corner the weather is great for getting some fresh air and having some fun!
Indoor Activity Ideas to Keep Kids Busy from Razor
The Spring weather is here and you may have the option of getting kids outside for some fresh air and play time during these school shut downs…and bikes, skateboards, scooters and electric rides are the perfect solution for kids with some energy to burn….but what about when they are inside?
Razor has got some great energy-burning activity ideas perfect for indoor play! Get kids of all ages to unplug, get up, and MOVE, even inside, with ideas like:
- Simon Says – This classic game gets an indoor twist with commands like “Simon says hop to your pillow and back,” “Simon Says run up the stairs and back,” and “Simon Says bring me a spoon”
- Dance Party – Nothing gets kids going like a dance party! Pick a favorite playlist and crank up the jams! Learn a new move on YouTube or try a round of freeze dance, pausing your music and holding statue-still til it starts up again (Alexa is a great freeze dance partner!)
- Tape Shapes – Clear some space on a non-carpeted floor and use painter’s tape to make large triangles, rectangles, squares, and circles on the floor. Assign each child a starting space, then call moves like “crab walk to the circle,” “crawl to the square,” or “jump backwards to the rectangle.”
- Balloon Ball – Blow up some balloons, toss a sheet over two chairs to make a “net”, and serve up a round of indoor balloon volleyball – just don’t let that balloon touch the floor!
- Laundry Basketball – If your kids are bonkers for basketball, empty out a laundry basket and take turns tossing a Nerf ball into the basket, backing up two steps each time you score. See who can shoot from the farthest distance!
- Soda Bottle Bowling – Dig some empty soda or water bottles out of the recycling and set up an indoor bowling alley in your hallway. Roll a soft ball toward your targets and see who can knock down the most “pins” and reset them the fastest.
- Long Jump – Using painter’s tape, lay six 2-foot strips, each about a foot apart. Assign a starting spot and see who can jump the farthest!
- Potato Pass – Kids waddle their way toward a bucket or bowl – with a potato between their knees – and see who can drop it in first in this half-baked indoor game! Make it tricky by placing the bucket in another room, forcing turns or steps along the way.
- Be My Mirror – Pair up your kids and assign a starter to make a series of moves while their partner tries to mirror what they’re doing. Get through the series and switch roles – miss one and begin again!
- Hula Hoop Marathon – Grab a hoop and set the timer to see who can last the longest. Expert “hoopers” can try swiveling their hula hoops on their necks, arms, and ankles.
Just because they are playing inside doesn’t mean they have to be couch potatoes. Get creative and your kids will follow suit. And these can all be played outside as well!
You can visit their website to view all of their super fun products. You can also check them out on these other platforms: Facebook + Instagram